If the spread between the initial rate of a loan and the cost of funds is below the configured threshold, this skill will show a warning message. The warning message and the minimum spread are configurable. The spread is calculated as: ‘Initial Rate’ - ('Raw Interest Expense' / ‘Average Balance’).
You must configure this skill in the skills manager prior to using it in PrecisionLender.
In This Article
Configuring and Testing the Skill
Before enabling the skill for the targeted audience, you first need to ensure that the skill is working properly by testing it. To do this, navigate to the skill details page to configure and enable the skill for your Testing audience:
- Select Testing under the Audiences section.
- In the Version dropdown menu, select the version of the skill that you want to test. This will display the skill configurations.
- In the General Configuration section on the skill details page, enter the following information to configure the skill:
- Email Notification on Save? - If selected, will send a notification email to the configured addresses below when the opportunity is saved with a spread below the minimum threshold. If you'd prefer the notifications collected and delivered on a Cadence, there's a separate gallery skill called "Portfolio Notifications" that can capture these and do that.
- Email Notification - To Addresses - If you select notifications upon user save above, please provide a comma-separated list of to: addresses.
- Email Notification - CC Addresses - If you select notifications upon user save above, you have the option of providing a comma-separated list of cc: addresses.
- Send to Opportunity Owner - If enabled, also sends the email to the opportunity owner.
- Minimum Spread Message - The Warning Message to be displayed when warning is triggered.
Product Group 1
- Minimum Spread in Basis Points - The Minimum Spread Value represented in Basis Points
- Select Products - (Optional) List of products the skill should be enabled for. If no selection is made, skill will fire on all products.
- Include Liquidity Premiums in CoF? - If selected, funded and unfunded liquidity premium costs will be included in the Cost of Funds calculation.
Select Enable Changes to enable the skill for the Testing audience. Once you've enabled this skill for testing, make sure you've added the users who will be testing the skill to the Testing audience.
Viewing the Skill in PrecisionLender
Once you've configured the fields applicable for this skill, it's time to test it on an Opportunity. As long as the rate type is not Swap, the Andi® skill will run and the warning message will appear under the Here are some concerns section.
Enabling the Skill
After you've viewed and tested the skill, you are ready to enable the skill for the targeted Audience.
- Navigate back to the skill details page for the skill you were testing.
- In the Audiences section, select the targeted audience for this skill and choose the version of the skill you're enabling. When the latest skill version is published by the skill owner, it will automatically be available for selection in the list.
- Open the configuration and select Copy Config From… to copy all of your configuration settings from the Testing audience.
- Select Enable Changes to enable the skill for the targeted audience.
After enabling the skill for the targeted audience, we recommend disabling it for the Testing audience.