This is a configurable skill that will warn users when the initial rate on a loan is below the configured threshold. The warning will appear as a tag in both the initial rate field and Andi® window for both fixed and adjustable rate loans. The warning will only appear in the Andi® window for both floating and swap rate loans. By configuring a web address link, you can also turn the message into a hyperlink that will open in a new window.
Note: If you do not configure this skill in the skills manager prior to using it in PrecisionLender, then the default threshold of 4% and default messaging will apply.
In this Article
- Configuring and Testing the Skill
- Viewing the Skill in PrecisionLender
- Enabling the Skill in Production
Configuring and Testing the Skill
Prior to enabling the skill for Production, you first need to ensure that the skill is working properly by testing it. To do this, navigate to the skill details page to configure and enable the skill for your Testing workgroup:
- Select Testing under the Status section.
- In the Version drop down, select the version of the skill that you want to test. This will display the skill configurations.
- In the Skill Configs section on the skill details page, enter the following information to configure the skill:
- Initial Rate Threshold - Enter the minimum acceptable floor rate. 2.5% should be entered as 2.5. The default threshold is 4 percent. This will apply to fixed, adjustable, and swap rate types.
- Tag Message - This message will be displayed to the user when the rate is below the threshold. The default message is "The rate is below the minimum threshold. Please increase it."
- URL - Optional - If configured, this web address determines where a new tab will navigate when the skill text is clicked. Use this if you want to link to any internal policies or resources.
- Floating Rate Threshold - Enter the minimum acceptable floating rate. 2.5% should be entered as 2.5. The default threshold is 4 percent.
- Select Save to enable the skill for the Testing workgroup. Once you've enabled this skill for testing, make sure you've added the users who will be testing the skill to the Testing workgroup.
Viewing the Skill in PrecisionLender
After you've configured the fields applicable for this skill, double check the following:
- The warning appears in both the initial rate field and Andi® window when the initial rate is below the threshold for both Fixed and Adjustable rate types.
- The warning appears in the Andi® window when the initial rate is below the threshold for both floating and swap rate types.
- If configuring a different threshold for the floating rate type, the warning does not appear for all other rate types when that threshold is met (where there is no overlap).
- If a URL has been added, clicking the message navigates the user to the correct site.
Once the opportunity meets the conditions listed above, the Andi® skill will run and the message will appear as a tag in the initial rate field and/or the Andi® window under the Here are some concerns section.
Enabling the Skill in Production
After you've viewed and tested the skill, you are ready to enable the skill for the Production workgroup.
- Navigate back to the skill details page for the skill you were testing and mark it as Ready For Production.
- In the Status section, select Production and choose the version of the skill you're enabling. When the latest skill version is published by the skill owner, this will automatically be available for selection in the list.
- Re-enter the skill configurations.
- Select Save to enable the skill for the Production workgroup.
Note: After enabling the skill in Production, we recommend disabling it for the Testing workgroup.
Previous Skill Versions
Version 3 - Contains one available rate threshold configuration option that applies to all rate types.