When the rate of a fixed or floating loan falls below the minimum threshold, Andi® will display a warning message and coach users to increase the rate. The minimum rate threshold is configurable, and has a default of 4 percent if no configuration is entered.
In this Article
Configuring and Testing the Skill
Before enabling the skill for the targeted audience, you first need to ensure that the skill is working properly by testing it. To do this, navigate to the skill details page to configure and enable the skill for your Testing audience:
- Select Testing under the Audiences section.
- In the Version dropdown menu, select the version of the skill that you want to test. This will display the skill configurations.
- In the General Configuration section on the skill details page, enter the following information to configure the skill:
- Tag Message - This message will be displayed when the rate is below the threshold. The default message is \"The rate is below the minimum threshold. Please increase it.\" The string $rateFloor is optional, but will be replaced with the rate threshold.
- URL - (Optional) If configured, this web address determines where a new tab will navigate when the skill text is clicked.
- Email Notification on Save? - If selected, will send a notification email to the configured addresses below when the opportunity is saved with a spread below the minimum threshold. If you'd prefer the notifications collected and delivered on a Cadence, there's a separate gallery skill called "Portfolio Notifications" that can capture these and do that.
- Email Notification - To Addresses - If you select notifications upon user save above, please provide a comma-separated list of to: addresses.
- Email Notification - CC Addresses - If you select notifications upon user save above, you have the option of providing a comma-separated list of cc: addresses.
- Send to Opportunity Owner - If enabled, also sends the email to the opportunity owner.
Product Thresholds 1
- Product Name - Select the products for which the rate configurations should apply. More than one can be selected. If none are selected, the rate minimums will apply to all products.
- Fixed Rate Minimum - Enter the minimum acceptable rate. 2.5% should be entered as 2.5. The default threshold is 4 percent.
- Floating Rate Minimum - Enter the minimum acceptable floating rate. 2.5% should be entered as 2.5. The default threshold is 4 percent.
- Maturity Maximum - (Optional) The maximum maturity in months for which the config group is valid
Select Enable Changes to enable the skill for the Testing audience. Once you've enabled this skill for testing, make sure you've added the users who will be testing the skill to the Testing audience.
Viewing the Skill in PrecisionLender
After you've configured the fields applicable for this skill, double check the following:
- The warning appears in both the initial rate field and Andi® window when the initial rate is below the threshold for both Fixed and Adjustable rate types.
- The warning appears in the Andi® window when the initial rate is below the threshold for both floating and swap rate types.
- If configuring a different threshold for the floating rate type, the warning does not appear for all other rate types when that threshold is met (where there is no overlap).
- If a URL has been added, clicking the message navigates the user to the correct site.
Once the opportunity meets the conditions listed above, the Andi® skill will run and the message will appear as a tag in the initial rate field and/or the Andi® window under the Here are some concerns section.
Enabling the Skill
After you've viewed and tested the skill, you are ready to enable the skill for the targeted Audience.
- Navigate back to the skill details page for the skill you were testing.
- In the Audiences section, select the targeted audience for this skill and choose the version of the skill you're enabling. When the latest skill version is published by the skill owner, it will automatically be available for selection in the list.
- Open the configuration and select Copy Config From… to copy all of your configuration settings from the Testing audience.
- Select Enable Changes to enable the skill for the targeted audience.
After enabling the skill for the targeted audience, we recommend disabling it for the Testing audience.
Previous Skill Versions
Version 3 - Contains one available rate threshold configuration option that applies to all rate types.