Andi® asks questions to check if a loan and borrower qualify for the SBA’s Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) and suggests changes to structures that do not qualify. This article will cover configuring and testing the skill, and viewing and enabling it in PrecisionLender.
In this Article
Configuring and Testing the Skill
Prior to enabling the skill for the targeted audience, you first need to ensure that the skill is working properly by testing it. To do this, navigate to the skill details page to configure and enable the skill for your Development audience:
- Select Development under the Audiences section.
- In the Version drop down, select the version of the skill that you want to test. This will display the skill configurations.
- In the Skill Configs section on the skill details page, enter the following information to configure the skill:
Enabled Product List - (Optional) Enter a comma separated list of products (Ex. Product A, Product B) that Andi should offer PPP guidance on. If this is left blank, Andi will offer guidance on all products.
We recommend enabling this skill only for products you've set up for PPP
Additional Information Link - (Optional) Andi® will offer additional guidance that refers users to PrecisionLender's PPP support article. If you'd like to refer users to a different source, add the URL to this field. Otherwise leave it blank.
We highly recommend entering a bank-specific resource in this line, so it is most applicable for your users.
- Enabled Product List - (Optional) Enter a comma separated list of products (Ex. Product A, Product B) that Andi should offer PPP guidance on. If this is left blank, Andi will offer guidance on all products.
- Select Save to enable the skill for the Development audience. Once you've enabled this skill for testing, make sure you've added the users who will be testing the skill to the Development audience.
Viewing the Skill in PrecisionLender
When you begin pricing a loan in PrecisionLender, select Andi® to view the Paycheck Protection Program message. In the Andi® window, click on the hyperlinked message to check if the loan and borrower qualifies for the Paycheck Protection program.
After selecting the message, Andi® will begin looking the current loan structure and will identify and list out any problems with the loan. If you decide to go back to make changes to the loan, Andi® will guide you through the process. Once you update one of the suggested fields, orange summary tags will appear next to all fields that need to be updated.
Always remember to save the opportunity to apply any changes.
Andi® will then check to see if the borrower qualifies for PPP by asking the following questions:
- Is this borrower a Small Business, Non-Profit, Tribal Business, or Veteran's Organization?
- Does this borrower have less than 500 employees, or are they the sole proprietors, self-employed individuals, or independent contractors?
- Were they in business as of Feb. 15, 2020?
Select Yes or No. Depending on your selections, Andi® will let you know whether or not the borrower qualifies.
Enabling the Skill
After you've viewed and tested the skill, you are ready to enable the skill for the targeted Audience.
- Navigate back to the skill details page for the skill you were testing.
- In the Audiences section, select the targeted audience for this skill and choose the version of the skill you're enabling. When the latest skill version is published by the skill owner, this will automatically be available for selection in the list.
- Re-enter the skill configurations.
- Select Save to enable the skill for the targeted audience.
After enabling the skill for the targeted audience, we recommend disabling it for the Development audience.