Skill Configuration groups allow you to group configurations together so that they can be used in a skill repeatedly. This article will cover creating and managing config groups.
In this Article
- Creating a Skill Config Group
- Testing and Using Skill Config Groups
- Enabling the Skill
- Deleting a Skill Config Group
Creating a Skill Config Group
To create a config group for a particular skill, navigate to the Build Dashboard.
On the Dashboard, locate the skill you would like to add a config group to from the Deployed Skills list, and then clone or create a draft of it. If you are creating a new skill from scratch, select the New Skill button.
You must have access to the Andi Builder in order to utilize config groups.
In the left navigation menu, select Skill Config Groups and then Add Group. Fill out the following fields:
- Display Name
- (Required) The name that is visible when adding or managing skill config groups.
- (Required) The name visible in the skill code.
- (Optional) A description of the skill config group.
After you've filled out these fields, select Save to add the config group to the skill. When ready, deploy the skill to test and utilize the skill config group.
Testing and Using Skill Config Groups
You can test and use your config groups once you have added them to your skill template and have deployed the skill .
From the Andi Skills Dashboard, navigate to the skill you've added a config group to. Select the skill name to be taken to the skill details page.
In the Audiences section, locate the Development audience and then select the pencil icon under Actions.
Choose the Version of the skill you'd like to test from the drop down.
Enter the appropriate information in the config group fields to apply your skill parameters and then select Enable Changes. After saving the changes to your skill, test the skill in PrecisionLender to ensure it is working properly.
Enabling the Skill
After you've viewed and tested the skill, you are ready to enable the skill for the targeted Audience.
- Navigate back to the skill details page for the skill you were testing.
- In the Audiences section, select the targeted audience for this skill and choose the version of the skill you're enabling. When the latest skill version is published by the skill owner, this will automatically be available for selection in the list.
- Re-enter the skill configurations.
- Select Save to enable the skill for the targeted audience.
After enabling the skill for the targeted audience, we recommend disabling it for the Development audience.
Deleting a Skill Config Group
To delete a config group, navigate to the appropriate skill.
In the Audiences section, select the audience you would like to delete the config group for.
Click on the Delete Group button. Once the config group is deleted, there is not a way to retrieve it again, you will need to re-add it manually.